KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL ENROLMENT INFORMATION
STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT MOTHER-TONGUE ITALIAN SPEAKERS
For any registering students who are not mother-tongue Italian speakers, it will be necessary to take a linguistic level evaluation course to identify the formative needs of the student.
To carry out this evaluation there will be:
1. a meeting with our Inclusion Representative at the beginning of the school year, during which the following types of information will be collected: what language is spoken in the student’s home, scholastic history of the student, if the student has had any previous exposure to the Italian language, etc.
2. a test to evaluate the student’s linguistic-communicative skills with the school’s linguistic facilitator.
Our teaching team will evaluate the needs of the student and identify the language enhancement course best suited to his or her level based on the following:
A. Starting Linguistic Level, A1 or A2
The language enhancement course will be mandatory and carried out during the school day. The student’s enrolment into the school will be subject to the family’s compliance with the course.
Characteristics of the course:
• Conducted by an internal school facilitator
• Close collaboration between the facilitator and the teaching team
• Carried out in a small group or individually
• Weekly duration of the course: from a minimum of 4 hours to a maximum of 8 hours a week
• Duration of the course: 4 to 8 months, depending on the test conducted by the facilitator
• Cost of course: 300 euros per month, in addition to the school tuition
B. Linguistic level higher than A2
The student may be offered a language enhancement course. In this case, however, the course will be optional. The scheduling and cost of the course will be organized in October.
STUDENTS WHO ENROL IN THE BILINGUAL STUDIES PROGRAM
The level of English needed by students to be able to attend Kindergarten’s secondary school is A2 (completed) of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), corresponding to KET for the Cambridge school.
For students that did not attend primary school at our Institute (and are not mother-tongue English), it will be necessary to complete a linguistic level evaluation before the start of the school year. Our Cambridge Coordinator will conduct the evaluation.
A. If the results show a level inferior to A2:
It will be necessary to participate in a full immersion language course, organized by the school, with an English mother-tongue teacher for a total of 12 hours per week (coinciding with the hours of English, science, art, and technology). The course will be mandatory and be carried out during the school day. The student’s enrolment is subject to the family’s compliance with the course. The cost of the course is € 300 per month in addition to the school tuition.
B. If the results show a level superior to A2:
The student may be offered a language enhancement course, but in this case, the course will be optional and will take place outside the teaching hours. The organization, in terms of scheduling and price, will be defined at a later date.